With summer around the corner, local supermarkets will soon be stocked with delicious fruits. Unless you live in a tropical state/country, this is an exciting time of the year for those who crave fresh summer fruits. I mean, who doesn’t love the taste of fresh, juicy watermelons, papayas, cantaloupes, kiwis, honey dew melons, pineapples, and my absolute favorite, mangoes!
Be sure to find ways this summer to incorporate some of these fresh fruits into your favorite dishes. Not only is it good for you (so many nutrients), but it will make dinner time more exciting and fun!
Check out this colorful dish I created from scratch using the below ingredients:
- Wild Salmon
- Dash (Onion & Garlic Seasoning)
- Honey Mangoes
- Scallions (Green Onions)
- Green Beans
I’m not going to lie, when I cook I don’t use measuring cups and I can’t retrace my steps to tell you exactly step by step, how to make this dish as tasty as I did. But one of the fun things about cooking is it’s supposed to be fun, fun, fun! Here are some tips:
- Bake the Salmon at 350 degrees for at least 30 minutes.
- Dice mangoes, onions, scallions and mix in white sugar and vinegar; simmer stove top for 15 minutes to pour over salmon once it’s done.
- Dress the Salmon with Tomatoes, Onions, and Scallions; Sprinkle Mrs. Dash seasoning on top with a drizzle of Olive Oil; Put it in the oven.
- Get ready to taste a flavorful dish bursting with rich island flavor!